Thursday, November 20, 2014

The 3rd Annual Bluegrass Burlexpo in Lexington, KY

It's the night before a little road trip, one of the last that I'll make in my Cadillac for a while.  

Every now and then, once I'm out West, I'll tow it with me if there is a need and I'll be "camped" a while someplace, but the added weight and gas will prohibit that too much.  My dear Caddy will be in a storage like slumber most of the time I think, as for the most part, very soon all my trips will be in the RV.  

This trip to KY is special for another handful of reasons which I'll list in no order of importance:

* This is the LAST time I have to ask a show 
   producer to provide me with a separate dressing
   area.  After next week, I'll always be home and it'll 
   be my dressing room.  That is totally liberating!  

* I get to perform with a LOT of good friends from 
   this region and I dig that very much.  And by 
   region I don't just mean KY but the surrounding 
   states as well, and from Cbus and Cleveland.  This
   makes me happy.

* I've always had lots of fun in Lexington, both 
   performing and being a fan of a certain band
   which shall remain nameless... but they know 
   who they are.

* I asked for a late check out Saturday to save the
   cost of a 2nd night and the hotel agreed.  Woo!
   Sleeping in rocks.

* A new path: I decided to take a scenic, non-
   highway route I've never been on before.  

* Queen B only gets to come out and play for 
   festivals like this one and big shows... so it's nice
   to let her out again.



And finally... if you are in the KY area and can attend this fine event, please do!  Tickets are selling out fast and you really don't wanna miss all this entertainment.  




Website:
http://www.bluegrassburlexpo.com/home.html

Tickets:
http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bluegrassburlexpo2014.brownpapertickets.com%2F&h=hAQHsSKjU&enc=AZO_MyYS1sDnfVjzJM69WoAIpz8riO4FktK0wWIrYI0fE4aADv2WSe06ISINH5xXxnZpDBZp9VO7deR6b5EVsm5JRX2Aco0m6zSUqi172vhvz6R0OhrFQQe-CFs3UmPkaFM6Qf2k_RJF3DqE0GtKaJ1-&s=1&skip_shim_verification=1

FB event page:
https://www.facebook.com/bluegrassburlexpo

No comments:

Post a Comment