Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The trip West to Phoenix, AZ

I will begin at the start, as it's a long tale...

The packing up on the 24th was rough to say the least.  Very hard physically and emotionally, but I got as much done as possible.  I relied heavily upon good friends to help clear up my final mess at the apartment - a process which continues tonight.  

I stopped in Dayton for one repair, which turned into 2 more jobs and 2 trips to auto parts stores.  But my brother is great and fast though he's so injured, and I was on my way to visit my sister one last time for Xmas before leaving.  All in all, I left Dayton 6 hours later than I planned.  So I had to do my best to not lose more time on the way West.

I stopped in Decatur, TX so a new friend Brent could do a look over the unit.  He sealed the leaks, helped diagnose a few issues and granted me the hospitality of parking there at his place and plugging in.  He suggested we walk down the dark, quiet country road a few paces to see the rodeo happening... so that's just what we did.  It was a smallish gathering since it was the day after Xmas, but it was fun to watch at any rate and I got a real taste of Texas.  Very nice to get to know new people and go for a short adventure just a walk away.  Wish I'd taken my cell for pics though!

Then I was on my way the next morning, but had to really hurry and drive non-stop for about 18 hours.  I arrived in Phoenix at 7:30am on Sunday... tech rehearsal was 11am-4p.  I had an hour nap then watched the whole show in essence while there were breaks to tweak this or that.  It went very nicely and professionally.  I was very warmly greeted and treated so well!!  I am digging this crew of people so much already!  I can't wait for the show tomorrow night and the start of the New Year!

Last night I got to meet more new friends in person for the first time, though we'd been getting acquainted online.  Tom and Aida are super nice and we got to spend a good deal of time talking.  I can't thank them enough for their hospitality as well, and for taking so much time to help get things sorted, diagnosed and working on the RV!  They referred me to a friend of theirs who does repairs that need done, so I'm going on the 2nd to attend to some of that. 

There is a LOT of water/mold damage up in the cab up front, over head... so I'll be getting an estimate on what it will be to rip that all out.  I can't live with mold... it'll make me SO sick.  But the soonest I'll be able to attend to that is at the end of the month when I return to Mesa, AZ to see Karma To Burn play.  

So I've been getting things done as much as I can, getting mobile WiFi, finding out how to work things in the unit more (the books are Really moldy and gross, so must be copied).  All in all, it could be worse, it could be going more smoothly as well.  But I have to move forward and be positive that this is a good path.

No comments:

Post a Comment