Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Colorado and the drive South West towards Arizona

My first stop was a long anticipated one at The Orient Land Trust's Valley View Hot Springs in South West Colorado.  I got a campsite for the night with electric and was allowed to stay the whole next day as well to use the hot springs until close... it was glorious!  It was a grand experience and one I hope to repeat soon.
Orient Land Trust

One of the springs at Valley View




Web Site:
http://www.olt.org/vvhs



Then it was on towards AZ and the path lead my right through Pagosa Springs which is another mountain hot spring town I adore.  I stopped at Overlook Hot Springs for the second time as I knew it'd be more quiet than the bigger spring in town that I still have not chosen to try out due to it's family resort draw.  

Web Site:
http://overlookhotsprings.com/


The park there is unique in that they have 3 little pools along the river where the hot springs run off and then into the river.  I took a last minute, late night, hour long soak there and was very tempted to shoot some video, but did not want to draw any extra attention to myself, though I saw no one while soaking.  Perfect end to the little stopover.

I kept heading South West and finally ended up in Jerome, AZ for what I thought was only a day stop.  But there were developments afoot and an acquaintance that crossed paths with me again so my time there was happily extended.  I applied for a dream job and went camping a short ways from town at a spot the locals know and frequent with my friend Christopher.  All in all, a fine weekend passed in one of my favorite places and I may be returning more often than I could have imagined... but I'm only hoping at this point.




found at the campsite by Jerome... a nice cactus heart


I traveled through Prescott Forest for the first time but was too low on fuel for me to consider driving the 6 miles on the rough, dirt road to get to campsites other friends had said I should see.  Instead I headed to Prescott and spent the night in a more boring fashion at a Walmart.  

I had no idea how it would be in spring here in Phoenix, but man soon as I arrived my allergies knew it was bad news!  So many blooming plants, trees and bushes - the gardenias being the worst surprisingly. And I admit I was not ready for the valley heat here, since I'd been at higher ground for a while and spoiled by much more temperate climes. I will not be lingering long here but have a few friends to see yet and some plans to hatch.  

I head to Albuquerque to perform for the first time on March 28th 
Facebook Event Page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/513761335428587/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

and then again on April 4th
Facebook Event Page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1560120114237155/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular



Next on the schedule... NO shows sadly as I am trying to get at least a seasonal Workamper job soon or ideally the Jerome spot so I can "settle" for a bit and get writing done.  Stories need telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment